Official Rules and Regulations – Staples Business AdvantageTM Virtual Classroom Kit
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest start date is June 15, 2020 at 09:00:01 AM EST. Contest closing date is at 11:59:59 PM EST on June 29, 2020.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win a prize, an entrant must: a) be a Canadian resident, excluding residents of Quebec; b) be a teacher of a school operating in Canada with 10 or more employees c) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence as of the Contest start date; d) not be an employee of (or be domiciled with an employee of) Staples Business Advantage Canada or its affiliates, advertising agencies or contractors. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Complete your entry through one of Staples Business Advantage’s social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. LinkedIn is not an acceptable entry for this contest. To enter, comment on the Virtual Classroom Contest post/image (posted on Monday, June 15, 2020) using #SBALearnfromHome with your school name as a teacher. Students can also nominate their teachers via the Virtual Classroom Contest post on social media channels using the #SBALearnfromHome and telling us a teacher's name and school. Commenting on the contest post/image will result in one contest entry. Limit of 1 entry per person per social media platform. No purchase necessary. We will not accept explicit, graphic, or inappropriate images and content. Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right to disapprove contest entries that do not meet the required eligibility criteria. The chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
4. ALTERNATE ENTRY: No purchase necessary. No purchase necessary. Each entrant must include all entry information requested in order to receive one (1) contest entry. Legibly handprint on a 4” x 6” postcard, your complete name, street address (no P.O. Boxes please), including city, province and postal code, daytime phone number (including area code) age and e-mail address (if available) and mail to ATTN: Helen Duffy, RE: 2020 Virtual Classroom Kit, Staples Business Advantage Canada, Marketing Department, 550 Pendant Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 2W6. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or before the last day of the Contest Period and received before the contest draws on July 2nd, 2020 for entry into the Contest. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of postcard entries will be accepted.
6. PRIZE Total approximate retail value of prize 1 is $1050.00, prize 2 is $1350.00 and prize 3 is $1500. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at any time to substitute the prize or any prize element for any reason with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value.
7. PRIZE AWARDING: Three (3) winners will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries. The winning entries will be chosen at 2:00 PM EST on July 2nd, 2020. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of contest entries. A mathematical skill-testing question must be answered correctly in order to be qualified as a prize winner.
The winners will be contacted within 5 business days after the draw, via email. Before being awarded a prize, each winner will be required to sign and return, within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, all requested documentation including, but not limited to, a standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations. The winner must also fax/email a copy of photo identification (Driver’s license, Passport) to confirm age of majority. The winners will be informed of how he/she can claim his/her prize and the date by which he/she can claim it. The winners will be contacted via email. If no response is received in five (5) business days, the selected winner will lose the potential prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and an alternate potential winner shall be selected and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Staples Business Advantage Canada may announce the prize winners among any and all forms of media prior to the prize winners signing and returning the declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By submitting their information online through Staples Business Advantage social media channels, entrants agree to be entered into the contest. Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner, including before the winner has signed and returned the standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant also consents to Staples Business Advantage Canada, their respective affiliates, advertising agencies and contractors collecting, using and storing the personal information submitted through the online entry for the purpose of administering the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations. By accepting a prize in the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, address and/or likeness, without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any form of media, including, without limitation, newspaper, internet websites, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and/or television. Staples Business Advantage Canada also reserves the right to alter the entry for publicity purposes, unless prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this Contest, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, legal proceedings and/or any risk thereof, or any cause beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada which, in the opinion of Staples Business Advantage Canada, affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Staples Business Advantage Canada is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by Staples Business Advantage Canada will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada, which corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. In the event of technical impairment, Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, but has no obligation to draw a winner at random from all registered entrants at the time of such impairment.
10. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Staples Business Advantage Canada, which are final. Staples Business Advantage Canada shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the prizes. Staples Business Advantage Canada will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage-due entries/prize claims. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. The winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
11. FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM & DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
12. SPONSOR: Staples Business Advantage Canada, 550 Pendant Drive Mississauga Ontario, L5T 2W6.