1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest start date is February 1, 2017 at 08:00:01 AM EST. Contest closing date is at 11:59:59 PM EST on March 10, 2017.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win the Grand Prize of a classroom makeover, entrants must be part of a publicly-funded elementary or secondary school or independent elementary or secondary school. Open to all schools in Canada excluding the province of Quebec. The person submitting the entry on behalf of the school must be a school employee and a legal resident of Canada. Contest entries must be approved by the school’s principal before they are submitted. All entries shall be deemed to be submitted on behalf of the school by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry.
Employees of the Contest Sponsor, and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, and employees of the Contest Sponsor’s agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter the contest.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Complete your entry by submitting pictures of a classroom at your school that is in need of a makeover at staplesbusinessadvantage.ca/classmakeover. Each entrant must include all information requested in order to receive one (1) contest entry. No Purchase Necessary. Limit of 1 entry per person. All entries will be reviewed for approval prior to being posted in the public contest gallery. Please ensure there is no sensitive information or people visible in the photo that you don’t want to appear in the public gallery. The review process will take 24-48 hours. Staples Business Advantage reserves the right to disapprove contest entries that do not meet the required eligibility criteria.
All entrants irrevocably agree that by being selected as a Prize winner, he or she transfers and assigns, all right, title and interest in the entry to the Contest Sponsor. Each entrant further agrees to execute any documents required to assign their copyright in the submission to the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to display the entry in any form of media, including, without limitation, newspaper, internet websites, social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) and/or television. Contest Sponsor also reserves the right to alter the entry for publicity purposes.
All entries become the property of Staples Business Advantage Canada. The chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
ALTERNATE ENTRY: No Purchase Necessary. Legibly hand print on a 3” X 5” postcard, your complete charity’s name, street address (no P.O. Boxes please), including city, province and postal code, daytime phone number (including area code) age and e-mail address (if available) and mail to: ATTN: Amanda Wedgewood RE: Extreme Classroom Makeover, Staples Business Advantage Canada, Marketing Department, 550 Pendant Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5T 2W6. Limit of 1 mail-in entry per person. All mail-in entries must be postmarked on or before the last day of the Contest Period for entry into the Contest and received by March 14, 2017. No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of postcard entries will be accepted.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a selection of classroom products from Staples Business Advantage’s Partner Vendors, with a total maximum retail value of approximately $20,000 CAD. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes will be awarded on dates mutually decided by Staples Business Advantage and the winning school, based on when the winner completes the necessary steps as outlined in section 5 below.
Entrants agree that permission will be granted to Staple Business Advantage and select contest partners to access and enter the school to set-up/install furniture and other winnings as part of the Classroom Makeover. A date to complete the makeover will be chosen after the winner has been selected, and must also be approved by necessary school administration. Date of makeover and installation may be weekday or weekend. Classroom makeover must take place no later than Friday June 2, 2017.
5. PRIZE AWARDING:
Entries will be judged between Monday March 13 and Friday March 24, 2017, and the winner will be determined by a panel of judges from Staples Business Advantage Canada. The Grand Prize winner will be selected by 5:00 PM EST on Thursday March 30, from all eligible entries at 550 Pendant Drive, Mississauga Ontario.
The winner will be contacted within 30 days after the draw, via email or phone number (as available). Before being awarded a prize, the winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor all requested documentation, including but not limited to a standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations. Winner must also fax/email a copy of photo identification (Driver’s license, Passport) to confirm age of majority. Winner will be informed of how he/she can claim his/her prize and the date by which he/she can claim it. If the winner is contacted by phone, there will be a total of 3 attempts within 5 Business Days. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and an alternate potential winner shall be selected and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Staples Business Advantage Canada may announce the prize winner among any and all forms of media prior to the prize winner signing and returning the declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By submitting their information online at staplesbusinessadvantage.ca/classmakeover entrants agree to be entered into the contest. Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner, including before the winner has signed and returned the standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant also consents to Staples Business Advantage Canada, their respective affiliates, advertising agencies and contractors collecting, using and storing the personal information submitted through the online entry for the purpose of administering the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations. By accepting the prize in the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, address and/or likeness, without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, in any publicity or advertising carried out by Staples Business Advantage Canada, unless prohibited by law.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this Contest, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, legal proceedings and/or any risk thereof, or any cause beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada which, in the opinion of Staples Business Advantage Canada, affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Staples Business Advantage Canada is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by Staples Business Advantage Canada will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada, which corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. In the event of technical impairment, Staples Business Advantage Canada reserves the right, but has no obligation to draw a winner at random from all registered entrants at the time of such impairment.
10. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Staples Business Advantage Canada, which are final. Staples Business Advantage Canada shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the prizes. Staples Business Advantage Canada will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage-due entries/prize claims. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. The winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
11. SPONSOR: Staples Business Advantage Canada, 550 Pendant Drive Mississauga Ontario, L5T 2W6.