If you live in Canada, you are likely very aware of the big milestone that will be celebrated in just a few weeks as Canada turns 150! As the excitement builds, and plans are being made for parties and celebrations over the long weekend, it’s worth noting that not all the fun has to wait until the weekend. This is a perfect time for workplaces to get involved and plan something special for your employees to get excited about.
Workplace celebrations increase employee engagement and happiness, which in turn is known to increase productivity. So it’s worth it to treat your employees to a little fun every now and then, and Canada 150 is the perfect occasion to throw a little fun into business day.
We’ve come up with a few fun Canadian-inspired ways of how you can celebrate Canada 150 at the office:
- Invite your team out to the park for a picnic lunch
- Run a photo contest where employees can submit their favourite photos of Canada
- Red and White Day – encourage employees to wear red, white or Canadian themed gear
- Host Canada Trivia at lunch
- Surprise your employees with maple candies on their desks one morning
- Host a Canada-themed pot luck lunch
- Run a poutine snack bar for a mid-afternoon treat
- Raffle off a Team Canada jersey and donate proceeds to a local charity
We’d love to hear how your team or workplace is celebrating this special occasion. Comment below or tweet us @StaplesBusAdv to let us know.
Canada 150 Contest
Tell us how Canada inspires you and you could enter to win* a $1,000 Canadian prize pack! To enter and for contest details visit the Canada 150 contest page. And don’t forget to tweet us to let us know how this beautiful country inspires you using #HowCanadaInspiresYou.