1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest start date is Monday August 26, 2019 at 9:00:01 AM EST. Contest closing date is at 11:59:59 PM EST on Friday August 30, 2019.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to win, an entrant must: a) be a Canadian resident, excluding residents of Quebec; b) have reached the age of 21 as of the Contest start date; c) be a fulltime employee of a company operating in Canada with 10 or more employees, or be an existing customer of Staples Business Advantage Canada; d) not be an employee of (or be domiciled with an employee of) Staples Business Advantage Canada or its affiliates, advertising agencies or contractors. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Comment to answer “Tell us why you are most excited to get back to work/back to school” on the photo for the BIC “Back 2 Class Giveaway” posted to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram on Monday August 26 and be automatically entered for a chance to win one (1) BIC Prize Pack. One (1) comment/entry per person. No Purchase Necessary. All entries become the property of Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. The chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZE: The Prize consists of a backpack with BIC stationery products valued at $250.00. Prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent of the prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
5. PRIZE AWARDING: A mathematical skill-testing question must be answered correctly in order to be qualified as a prize winner. A random draw will be made from all eligible entries on Wednesday September 4, 2019. Winner will be notified no later than Thursday September 5, 2019 via the social media platform they entered the contest on. Winners must sign and return a standard declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and regulations to claim their prize. Winners must also email a copy of photo identification (Driver’s license, Passport) to confirm age of majority. Winners will be informed of how they can claim their prize and the date by which they can claim it. If no response, the selected entrant will lose the potential prize. If the selected entrant is contacted by social media, there will be a total of 2 attempts within 5 Business Days. If no response, the selected entrant will lose the potential prize.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By submitting their information online through the Staples Business Advantage Canada’s designated social media platform, entrants agree to be entered into the contest. Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. reserves the right, at its option, to publish any winner’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements without further compensation to the winner. By entering this Contest, each entrant also consents to Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc., their respective affiliates, advertising agencies and contractors collecting, using and storing the personal information submitted through the online entry for the purpose of administering the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules and Regulations. By accepting a prize in the Contest, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, address and/or likeness, without further compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, in any publicity or advertising carried out by Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc., unless prohibited by law.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BIC Inc., Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. reserves the right to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this Contest, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including technical failure or corruption, computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, legal proceedings and/or any risk thereof, or any cause beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. which, in the opinion of Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc., affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as determined by Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. will be disqualified. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc., which, in the sole opinion of the independent contest organization, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate this Contest. In the event of technical impairment, Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation to select winners at random from all registered entrants at the time of such impairment.
9. CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc., which are final. Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding any of the prizes. Staples Business Advantage Canada Inc. will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage-due entries/prize claims. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
10. FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM & LINKEDIN DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify Facebook and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Contest, or arising out of participation in any Contest-related or prize-related activity, or the receipt, enjoyment, participation in, use or misuse, of any Contest or prize-related activity, whether hosted by Sponsor or a third party.
11. SPONSOR: Staples Business Advantage Canada, 550 Pendant Drive Mississauga Ontario, L5T 2W6.